No growth while Net Zero is in place - statement from Net Zero Watch - 15.10.22
Updated: Oct 29, 2022
Energy costs will close two major ‘green’ manufacturing operations
BMW is moving manufacturing of the electric Mini from the UK to China where manufacturing is powered by cheap coal.
Britishvolt, a major battery manufacturing startup, is on the brink of collapse.
Both companies have cited high energy prices as the reason for their problems.
Claims that the UK’s economy will be based around ‘green industries’ are clearly false.
• Manufacturing of renewables and EVs will be built in places where energy is cheap, which means places where it is derived from fossil fuels.
• European wind turbine manufacturers are financially struggling and cutting jobs, losing market share to Chinese manufacturers who are benefiting from cheap coal.
• Net Zero is driving the wholesale deindustrialisation of Britain which threatens to make the UK uninvestable.
The economic crisis can only be solved by cheap energy
• There will be no economic growth without cheap energy.
• Cheap energy can only be delivered through increased supply of fossil fuels and nuclear, and elimination of renewables.
Net Zero plans must be cancelled as a matter of urgency.
Net Zero is unattainable and a danger to national well-being